Micro 4/3: Justify Or Enjoy?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Paul B Jones
Contributing MemberPosts: 980Gear list
Like?
Inferiority Complex
In reply to doug wever, 5 months ago

I shoot Canon DSLRs but I don't pick forum fights with Nikon people. Why? My choice of Canon was totally random to start with, my equipment far exceeds my skills, and what's the point anyway?

But once in awhile I will weigh in on a m4/3 thread because the sheer pompousness of some of you people deserves a poke in the eye. DSLRs are dead? Who cares? M4/3 can shoot nature like DSLRs can? Then don't post a string of mediocre images obtainable with a $100 point and shoot. Someone with a DSLR made fun of your camera? Wah wah wah.

My general sense is that m4/3 or mirrorless or whatever they are are great cameras that are probably the wave of the future. But at this point I associate them with googly-eyed crazy people, street evangelists who would just as soon try to convince me of their alien abduction as of the merits of their camera systems. So my advice is similar to the OP, take a chill pill and let the images you secure speak for themselves. Right now there is such an air of inferiority emanating from the  m4/3 crowd I can't help but sometimes wonder if it is merited.

-- hide signature --
 Paul B Jones's gear list:Paul B Jones's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS-1D X Canon EF 400mm f/4.0 DO IS USM Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS USM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
BothNew
mmmNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow