FD to M43 focal reducer problem, also which FD lens do you suggest ?

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
adygadam
Junior MemberPosts: 29Gear list
Like?
Re: FD to M43 focal reducer problem, also which FD lens do you suggest ?
In reply to Lumixdude, 7 months ago

Lumixdude wrote:

The way to differentiate FD lenses from FDn ("new" FD) lenses is that they don't have the silver ring around them. This is a locking mechanism to keep dust out on FD cameras, but it doesn't function as well as it should when you place these kinds of lenses on an adapter.

FDn lenses are generally SSC as opposed to SC lenses, SSC lenses will have better contrast and generally reduced lens flare. The other way of getting an SSC lens as opposed to an SC lens is to look for the lenses with a faster aperture. Generally the faster the aperture, the better the quality of glass.

Sound advice, my main move to use legacy lens was actually to experience maximum available aperture for the least amount of bucks, in addition to trying a legacy lens on new digital "modern" camera body.

The only camera I could experiment with when I was kid was my dad's Zenit with Helios 44-2 lens, he had always managed to get a good shots with this combo whatever the lighting conditions.

-- hide signature --

Cheers
Damian

adygadam's gear list:adygadam's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow