FD to M43 focal reducer problem, also which FD lens do you suggest ?

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
adygadam
Junior MemberPosts: 29Gear list
Like?
Re: FD to M43 focal reducer problem, also which FD lens do you suggest ?
In reply to MFiftysomething, 8 months ago

MFiftysomething wrote:

I have that same FD50mm lovely lens, but plain M43 adaptor. I went for the Minolta MD focal reducer as simpler mount and nice choice of lenses. Trouble is now I keep getting old MD ones with fungus from a well know auction site! Grrr.

Before I decided on going the FD lenses route I had researched the web for the best reserved legacy lens in regards to dust, scratches and fungus. I had found narrowed my options to:

Canon FD: I might get a Canon 5d Mark IV in the future so maybe this is a good choice with an adapter

Nikon G: like this option but confused the hell out of me

M42: offers cheaper lens for telephoto range

I found that I can get decent near perfect condition considering their age in the Canon FD range, M42 lenses tens to rarely get sold free of all the three annoying imperfections.

There is a nice FD zoom 35-70 F4 constant option.

This lens could with the focal reducer become 25-50mm F2.8 which I already got the range 12-35mm covered with my Panasonic G X lens F2.8.

-- hide signature --

Cheers
Damian

adygadam's gear list:adygadam's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow