Thinking of switching from NEX to m43 (EM10)

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Manju69
Junior MemberPosts: 41
Like?
Thinking of switching from NEX to m43 (EM10)
4 months ago

Hi all

It's a long story... but I moved from an EPL 3 to a NEX6. I have the kits lens and the 35mm prime. I actually really like the sony but there are fewer choices in the e mount lens line up and not much sign of more coming. I really want to invest in a system with a future and am concerned that sony e-mount will not mature like m43 has over the years. Having just come into some money I have been tempered by changing back to m43, especially with the release of the OMD -EM10. So have some questions that users might help with. Especially from those who have used/have both systems.

a. In the real world would I notice the difference in achievable depth of field with this smaller sensor size. (Working with equivalent focal lengths) I love the shallow depth of field I can get with a prime and wondered if I would miss that? I expect not. .. But wanted to check.

b. autofocus speed. How have you found this in the EM10? Better than the NEX?

c. Stabilisation? Any differences In these systems?

Any other issues to be aware of? I shoot jpg-mainly landscape, close up, fast moving children!

My main issue is about investing in a system for the long term so would welcome thoughts about that.

Thanks in advance.

Olympus OM-D E-M10 Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow