Do you think Canon will take on the A7?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
hjulenissen
Senior MemberPosts: 1,605
Like?
Re: They d*mn well better......
In reply to RedFox88, 5 months ago

DFPanno wrote:

I haven't purchased from Canon since I got my 5D3 at its introduction.

I have spent a small fortune on Sony and will spend another small fortune next week on an A7R and a full compliment of lenses.

Canon has a lot of work to do before I buy from them again.

Sorry but Canon's aim is not to keep up with sony because sony is a moving target.  Creating too many products and not concentrating on solid product lines.  Like their boondoggle "Q" cameras, they are ready to let their a-mount die and go completely mirrorless regardless if their customers want an OVF.

I would be happy if they would start with a sensor that can go head-to-head with the one in my RX1.

Basically all image sensors are equal if you aren't into lifting shadows by 6 stops or under exposing by 6 stops and brightening the image.  It's only the gadget junkies on here that call Canon image sensors poor - and that's a tiny percentage of camera users!

Or annonse who ever show "hdr" or ever use the tonemapping facilities in programs like lightroom. Seems to be a pretty large crowd.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow