Nikon 1 V3 impressions (yes, have one atm)

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
dougjgreen1
Senior MemberPosts: 2,198Gear list
Like?
Pretty sure you could easily sell your FT1 here
In reply to Raist3d, 6 months ago

Raist3d wrote:

- There is a distinct impression that Nikon does not want my money, but wants to steal it. Custom accessory port, camera price, no bigger tier RAW converter included at this level of pricing, throwing the FT1 instead of the option for a lens (I really don't care for the FT1), so you will maybe buy some more Nikon lenses, non 2-axis pivotal newer flash, only one option to buy the Nikon 1 V3 in the usa so you will get that kit lens if you already have one and are upgrading from a previous Nikon 1, etc.

Anyone else feels that one? It bugs me.

I see Fuji takes care of their user base. Ricoh is very focused on providing what people expect of them. Pentax does great features set/ergonomics at a great price (note: I know Ricoh and Pentax are now one).

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

If you end up keeping this kit, I have no doubt you could sell the FT1 to any one of several folks in this forum for something like $175-180 all in without paying a ~$20 gouge fee to ebay.   So that could certainly defray part of the cost of this kit for you if you hang onto it.

dougjgreen1's gear list:dougjgreen1's gear list
Olympus Stylus XZ-10 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Nikon 1 V2 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow