Nikon 1 V3 impressions (yes, have one atm)

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
dougjgreen1
Senior MemberPosts: 2,200Gear list
Like?
I don't have the FT1
In reply to walter g1, 8 months ago

walter g1 wrote:

Remember the ft1 sells really well on eBay. You can easily resell it to recoup money to put toward whatever lens you choose.

Based upon the size of the new 70-300mm, compared to the DX lenses, I don't think I'm going to get an FT1 unless I can stumble on one cheaply.

I am planning on getting chipped adapters from the Russian vendor, but I'm waiting for them to get the Canon FD version back in stock.  I will probably also get one for Nikon F mount.   I sold all of my AF-S lenses when I moved to mirrorless systems from my Nikon DSLRs.   Since I have no AF-S lenses, the Russian Chipped adapter gives me the same functionality as an FT1 (for about 1/3 the cost).  But I still have some really good long manual glass that I have used adapted to Micro 4/3 that I would also want to try on Nikon 1.

I have a Vivitar Series 1 200mm f3, and a Kiron 7 element 2X converter in Canon FD mount, and in Nikon mount, I have a Tokina ATX 100-300mm f4, a 300mm f2.8 Nikkor ED-AiS, as well as the same Kiiron 2X converter in Nikon mount.

The 300mm f2.8 Nikkor ED is a lens that I got a screaming bargain on (under $200) because the auto-diaphragm mechanism is busted - but it still works great as an adapter lens.  But it's too big and heavy to take anywhere that involves carrying it around.

Those manual lenses can give me pretty fast, high quality effective lenses in the 500mm to 1600mm range.  And the Vivitar Series 1 200mm is small enough to hand-hold by itself.

dougjgreen1's gear list:dougjgreen1's gear list
Olympus Stylus XZ-10 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Nikon 1 V2 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow