Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ottonis
Contributing MemberPosts: 591Gear list
Like?
Re: Street and Casual photography: A6000 or A7
In reply to mfahim27753, 3 months ago

mfahim27753 wrote:

Hello everyone,

I am thinking of purchasing a camera for casual walk out and about and for street photography. I have Nikon D800e but that and a lens is not very suitable for street photography, as it attracts attention anywhere I take it. Not that I like to show off but it is a problem for street photography where I really don't want any attention.

So I was thinking of getting a NEX camera, but now that the A6000 came out, as well these small little full frame cameras, I am a bit confused between these two models. I can just about stretch my budget to get a A7 with 28-70 kit lens, or I can get an A6000 with either 16-50 or 18-55 lens.

So I want your advise, and what would you choose for street photography? Both has articulated screen which is a major plus for street photography.

Please advise. I really appreciate your input.

-- hide signature --

If your main concern is being unobtrusive and unconspicuous when doing street photography, then the A6000 seems the better choice than the A7, especially when paired with a small zoom (16-50). The A7 with the 28-70 lens will be much less smaller than the A6000 + 1650PZ when compared with your D800.

However, do you really think you would need the A6000 alongside the RX100 (according to your gear list)? You do already have a high-end option (The Nikon D800) and a "street shooter" camera, which is super tiny and totally unconsipcuous. Personally, I would use the RX100 for all the stealth photography you can't use the D800 for, but that's just me.

Best

David

-- hide signature --

www.flicker.com/davidsphotoblog777

ottonis's gear list:ottonis's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Voigtlander 40mm F1.4 Nokton Classic Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow