ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
damiok
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
E-PL5 vs XZ-2 or LX-7 vs yours opinion
6 months ago

Hello

Sorry my english is slightly poor, but I ask you for help with choose camera.

I read review and see in store Olympus XZ-2 and Panasonic LX-2. I want to share my cons about these cameras:

LX-2:

-slow zoom (from vide to tele)

-short lens (90mm)

XZ-2:

-slow AF when I change AF in movie mode

-no charger for battery on the b0x (charger is useful for me because when I go to trip I sometimes leave battery to charge in for example McDonald)

I think that very nice option is touch LCD on XZ-2 where you can show point on AF. I know that LX-7 have that option too, but you must show that point by button. And I think that software of LX-7 is slower than XZ-2.

XZ-2 is more attractive for me but LX-7 have a magic subtitle LEICA and lighter lens. Is it worth to pay more? XZ-2 about 300 euro, LX-7 370 euro.

When I was in the shop seller told me that they have special price for Olympus E-PL5 with 14-42 and 40-150 (about 460 euro). I think is good option. But I must ask:

Bigger matrix, darker lens vs smaller matrix, lighter lens

E-PL5 vs XZ-2, LX-7

I know that I loose compact size. And I start my adult life so I don’t want to spending all money for camera, so for a long time kit lens must be enough (or maybe I not become photo enthusiastic for buy another lens). Before I have old, small, 8 years old Nikon compact and DSLR Olympus. But now Nikon have a slow AF and ISO range between 100-400 and I sold Olympus because it is too big for my exploration. I want to take photo during rock climbing, mountain trips, biking, skiing. I think I take a nice nature and landscape photo. I want to take better portrait photo with a soften background after person. The size of camera is important for me because in difficult area for example on mountain smaller size is more practical to use. And I really crazy about photo quality. Maybe that is funny but I want to buy amazing camera with quality like DSLR in small size box J and cost <500 euro.

Please help me with that

Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus XZ-2 iHS
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow