yyr
Senior MemberPosts: 2,418
Like?
Re: Seeing Double & other stories
In reply to Michael L NYC 99, 5 months ago

Michael L NYC 99 wrote:

yyr wrote:

My favourite this week...

I did all the shots in this post at the Tate last Sunday, inside and outside. I only took abou 8/10 photos of people but when I put them up on the computer I was struck by the degree to which the images were composed around strong geometrical elements. It was unconscious and interesting to realise.

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------
"No matter how slow the film, Spirit always stands still long enough for the photographer It has chosen." - Minor White

I like the first two the most, although I think both have distractions on the edges. The first has people truncated on the left and right sides, although there really isn't anything to be done about this as it's real life and not a staged photo. The thin oof right edge of the second photo is a bit jarring. I think it would be preferable to have more of the frame in the shot or out completely.

Regards

Michael

-- hide signature --

See my Flickr photostream here Michael.Lee.Pics.NYC

Thanks Michael. It's an interesting comment - particularly re the shot of the woman. Your suggestion was the most obvious crop and the first thing I tried (see below) but I liked the version above better because I think it adds a bit of transition & mystery to the shot. I felt that otherwise it just looks like I've cut her off in the wrong place. I think it has been one of my struggles to move away from absolute 'neatness' in an image to something that allows for more interpretation. A year or two ago I would have just binned this shot.

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------
"No matter how slow the film, Spirit always stands still long enough for the photographer It has chosen." - Minor White

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Wow.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow