a bit confused: practicality of DSLR vs non DSLR cameras

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Glen Barrington
Forum ProPosts: 12,997
Like?
Re: a bit confused: practicality of DSLR vs non DSLR cameras
In reply to crashpc, 6 months ago

crashpc wrote:

Yes, of course, one day. But it looks that Samsung does not creep into pros and gearheads market too much. Anyway people thinking serious will propably smoothly transfer to the similar or the same body size of Canon and Nikon advanced mirrorless cams with hybrid VF and so on. For those who always need better, for those who don´t say "now the technology is so far that it´s enaugh for me", there will always be some pretty wide choice, and from what can we see (market share), those people make big chunk of market. Majority of any advanced cam market to say.

-- hide signature --

Why does he do it?

Well, you are talking about the present, my article talks about the future.  I agree with your analysis of the present and the near past.

What I'm trying to say in that article is, that we are in an important pivot point in photographic history.  I'm trying to say that Samsung not only doesn't see itself as fitting into that model that you describe in your post, but that it thinks that model is nearing the end of its useful economic life.  I'm trying to say that I think that the ubiquity of the smartphone is changing how we perceive photography, and that I've not seen much recognition from Canon and Nikon that they understand that situation.

I care about photography, I DON'T really care about Samsung, Nikon, Canon, or Olympus.  If they survive, great!  If they don't, too bad.  However, I personally think Samsung, and to a lesser extent, the m4/3s crew are trying to develop a model more in line with how I think the future of photography is going to look.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow