*** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.04.19 ***

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Hen3ry
Senior MemberPosts: 8,807Gear list
Like?
GM1 meets fungus
In reply to Wormsmeat, 3 months ago

I was strolling down to the local store on Good Friday morning to get some emergency mobile phone credit, when I saw the fungi pictured. Naturally, I had broken my golden rule of never leaving my camera behind (what if Tavurvur erupted and I didn't have a camera in my hand?), but fortunately I w only 100 meters from home, so I turned around and hoisted the GM1 with 12-32 lens out of the anti-humidity box.

And this is what I got:

An abject failure to adjust exposure! I took 3 shots, slightly reframing, all at he same exposure, knowing very well I was blowing he white fungus. Sigh!

That's more like it! This is slightly dark to get detail in the white fungus.

If anything every looked poisonous looking, it has to be this green fungus. (The red in the previous pic looks pretty nasty too!)

Looking at this collection, I see I missed a market here. I should have taken some close-ups of each of the kinds of fungus I was seeing for stock pix.

Cheers, geoff

-- hide signature --

Geoffrey Heard
Down and out in Rabaul in the South Pacific
http://pngtimetraveller.blogspot.com/2011/10/return-to-karai-komana_31.html

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Wow.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow