*** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.04.19 ***

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
jalywol
jalywol MOD
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,193Gear list
Like?
A surprise visitor
In reply to Wormsmeat, 6 months ago

I was out in the yard today with the dogs, and they suddenly ran to the gate and started barking at something.  I looked down the driveway, and there was this elegant dude, walking around by my car.

I bolted into the house, grabbed the camera and ran out the front door to try and catch a few images.  Of course, the lens that was on the camera was too short, so after a couple of shots, I ran back in, put on the 100-300mm and zipped back out.  My visitor had disappeared into my neighbor's front yard at that point, but I was able to catch up to within about 40 feet of him....but then he skittered away ahead.  I followed him for a few more minutes until he vanished into some brush in another neighbor's yard.

Who knew that pheasants had a hankering to visit suburbia?!

Some more shots from this week....Mt Ida Falls, not far from where I live (you can only see them really well when the trees are bare, so this was an opportune time to visit them.

The marsh shot was taken on a VERY, VERY windy day....that poor redwing was trying to keep from being blown off his cattail perch by using his wings for balance against the gale!

And a few happy dog shots (new tennis ball!).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Wow.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow