Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
herozero1925
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Crossroads
4 months ago

I'm 29 years old. I work for a major American corporation with approx 250,000 employees world wide. Annually for the past 5 years our company has grown each year and our growth is going to continue for the foreseeable future. I've been with this company for over 2 years and I'm in a position within the company that allows me to grow beyond my current position. The people I work with are all professional, friendly and intelligent. I'm confident if I stay with this company I' will have a fruitful lasting career. However, I've reached a cross roads in my life. I'm single, love photography and I dream everyday of wanting to pursue photography as a career. I developed this love affair when I was in college and I've carried this obsession with me, even to this day. I've finally bought the camera of my dreams and have gained plenty of skill, knowledge and experience in the field of photography. So my question to everybody here is...

a) if you have the means financially, the resources, the skill, the support from your friends and family and a strong desire to pursue your career in photography, would you quit your job right now and go all in and follow your passion?

I ask this question because while I have a strong desire to change careers, I've never been one to take a leap of faith like this before. I wanted to know what peoples thought are when it comes to a situation like this.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow