GH4 shipping in the US now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
G1Houston
Senior MemberPosts: 2,254Gear list
Like?
Could you please check these out?
In reply to mpgxsvcd, 8 months ago

mpgxsvcd wrote:

Look for the reviews next week and let me know what else you want to see.

If you could, I would like to know the following:

1. Face detection in still.  The GH4 can focus on the eye now, so I hope its FD is as good as the one in Olympus.  I compared the FD in GH3 to that of the E-PL5 and found that the latter worked better — when the face is not facing the camera, the EP-L5 does a better job in still tacking the head of the person while GH3 easily gets fooled and focuses on the background or clothing.

2.  Auto-ISO in M mode:  Can we set upper and lower ISO limits, does it recognize focal length of the lens, does it always choose an appropriate ISO and does not raise it way too much like the SONY A7 does?  Can we still use Exp Comp in this combo?

3. GH3 has this annoying problem that you too discovered: when shooting JPEG at high ISOs, the camera locks up much longer than expected between shots.  I wonder whether this has been fixed in GH4.

Thanks and enjoy your new camera.

G1Houston's gear list:G1Houston's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow