Nikon 1 V3 impressions (yes, have one atm)

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Raist3d
Forum ProPosts: 33,222Gear list
Like?
Some snaps from yesterday and just now
In reply to Raist3d, 7 months ago

I want to warn that these are not photographs (should be obvious ;-)) and just snaps testing for how the camera focuses, noise, reacts to color, etc.

This is not the kind of work I do. What I am realizing is that this camera is screaming for a sharp prime (that F1.8 or F1.2). The Kit lens is O-K.

Full 20 megs, 18.xx shot (converted in LightRoom 5.4, no noise reduction)

20megFile_daylight

This should give you a bit of a reference what to expect. I find the camera seems to be a bit noisy at low iso but keep OK at high ISO.

If you don't pixel peep and use for web or reasonable prints, I say it looks rather good:

Such thing applies virtually to all cameras but what I am concerned is does it keep a certain "3dness" and tonality/color to it, and I think this does for the most part.

Work in B&W interests me much so reasonably happy with this tonality thought the Ricoh GR is better as expected.

And to give an idea of low light here's a shot at 1600x1200 (~2 megapixels) in ISO 6400 in low light. Though might Pentax Q7 can do surprisingly well also even at ISO 6400, this keeps better color and details.

No noise reduction of any kind has been applied (other than whatever Adobe does when it opens a RAW file of this camera).

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow