Is this the best I can expect from D800?

Started Apr 18, 2014 | Discussions thread
Cliff Fujii
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,532Gear list
Like?
Re: Is this the best I can expect from D800?
In reply to LesGoodey, Apr 19, 2014

Because of the high megapixel rating, getting sharp images is challenging on the D800. Nikon recommends only certain lenses should be used with the D800. I noticed that with my D800, as long as I use one of the recommended lenses, I get images with great apparent sharpness

http://www.nikonusa.com/en_US/o/Y6wrkA9OU_z04IreazIXl_22UII/PDF/D800_TechnicalGuide_En.pdf

There is also a supplement.  I always try to shoot at ISO100 because that's where the widest dynamic range is.  When I go over ISO6400, I will use my Df.  I mostly use the D800 for focus stacking because of the super high details I get with the sensor.

For really large images that require critical sharpness, I purchased a Graflex Super Graphic with a Rodenstock Sironar-S lens.  If I start using the Graflex more, I'll get a digital back for it.

-- hide signature --

Cliff

Cliff Fujii's gear list:Cliff Fujii's gear list
Nikon Df Nikon 1 V3 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED +47 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
No.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow