Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
Chas2
Senior MemberPosts: 2,421Gear list
Like?
Re: GX7 and LX7 screen protectors
In reply to Ranlee, 8 months ago

Ranlee wrote:

mdmiataman wrote:

I have had no luck in finding a decent screen protector for my LX7 and GX7 cameras. Unlike the perfectly made and exact sized screen protectors I found for my Galaxy Note 2 cell phone, the ones I have ordered from Amazon (Savies-FairPricesUS) were absolutely terrible being 2mm longer on the height and 7mm short on the length. I don't mind paying for quality, but I refuse to pay $15.00 for a single protector either.

Does anyone in the forum have a decent recommendation for these cameras ?

http://www.amazon.com/GGS-Optical-Screen-Protector-Panasonic/dp/B004GWUYYU

This is a very thin optical glass. It is made for the Lx5 but fits the LX7 and GX7 perfectly. I think it might cause a small sensitivity loss on the GX7 touch screen but I'm not at all sure. Obviously I can't test it for sure without removing it. I don't have my LX7 anymore but the GGS was on mine for about a year with no problems. Looked good as new when I sold it.

-- hide signature --

Randy

Optical glass is fragile, and I have had 3 of them. Reason I had 3 is because two broke from little impacts on my GF1 and LX5.  I ended up with an ACMAXX  polycarbonate shield with cut out for the EVF for my LX5, but this would not work with the touch screen.  I would research the GGS carefully to see what it does to the touchscreen.  Intuitively, I think you will end up losing functionality....

I would use this GearMaxx Antiglare  from eBay. It works perfectly on my GX7 with no loss in sensitivity.

Chas2's gear list:Chas2's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow