Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jimzenglish
Forum MemberPosts: 69
Like?
Do you think Canon will take on the A7?
8 months ago

Ok this is probably complete conjecture but do you think or would you welcome Canon doing a competitor to the A7 and coming out with a mirrorless full frame body to use with it's existing lenses?
It just seems like a natural progression for Canon, Sony is coming out with some great new concepts like the A7 but it's lenses are either not up to the job or extremely expensive. And alot of photographers like myself want to stay in the Canon ecosystem because of existing glass and brand preference etc.

I have a EOS M which is ok but I still would prefer a full frame version of it, just think you slap a 1.4 or 1.8 50mm on and you've got a awesome compact full frame camera to use for street shooting etc. I think Canon would do really well with it and alot of existing Canon users with 7Ds, 5Ds etc would get the body as an addition for when size was an issue for travelling etc.
Just welcome any feedback on that.

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 7D Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow