Renting FX camera as a trial run: D4s vs D800E vs Df?

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
Wahrsager
Regular MemberPosts: 140Gear list
Like?
Re: Renting FX camera as a trial run: D4s vs D800E vs Df?
In reply to tlrfoto, 4 months ago

tlrfoto wrote:

As a hobbyist photographer my normal D5200 suits me just fine for 90% of what I like to shoot. I've had a couple recent opportunities to shoot some concerts and have realized that my D5200, while it does a passable job in low light (twilight etc.), it's sensor just isn't up to the task of holding the level of detail I'm looking for in the dynamic and often poor lighting conditions present at indoor concerts.

My question if I'm going to rent a FX camera for a weekend of concerts, which out of these three would be the best performance for the $$$, D4s (~$200), D800E (~$110), or Df (~$100)?

I realize the D4s is a powerhouse, but is the extra $100 worth it?

Any and all input would be greatly appreciated.

I think the D4s would be perfect for a concert and probably worth the money.  Try Group autofocus mode and set the Matrix Metering (Custom Settings Menu > b5 > turn Face detection on) and you'll nail those dimly-lit artists on stage.

Wahrsager's gear list:Wahrsager's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon D800E Nikon D4s Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow