GH4 shipping in the US now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
mpgxsvcd
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,739Gear list
Like?
Re: GH4 shipping in the US now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In reply to mpgxsvcd, 6 months ago

Here are the things I am planning on testing.

1. Focusing Speed, Accuracy, and abruptness. I got a new puppy this week for my daughter. It is a mostly black dog and I realized that contrast focusing does not work well on an all-black object. I hope the GH4 does better than the GH3.

2. Rolling shutter. I never have a problem with rolling shutter for movies. I don’t waive the camera around like some people do. I have a problem with using the electronic shutter for sports photography. My daughter rides horses so the shutter click is distracting. I need the electronic shutter to work without rolling shutter effects.

3. I want to see how much stabilization you can get from reducing 4k to 1080p in software post processing. I think that this could be the single biggest advantage of the GH4 over the GH3 for my needs.

4. I want to test what is the cheapest card that can record the 4K video. I have 6 different cards that all should be capable of doing 100 mb/sec. I want to know if they will work with the GH4.

5. I will test the field of view for the cropped 4K versus the uncropped GH3 field of view for videos. The GH4 is going to make wide angle lenses much more desirable.

6. I have a few other things I will test as well. However, I don’t want to disclose those at the moment.

Look for the reviews next week and let me know what else you want to see.

Get used to seeing these two. There will be a lot more of this to come.

mpgxsvcd's gear list:mpgxsvcd's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow