V3 vs V1

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
dougjgreen1
Senior MemberPosts: 2,200Gear list
Like?
Re: Micro SD now outsells SD
In reply to Sonyshine, 8 months ago

Sonyshine wrote:

I was moaning about the Micro SD cards in my local camera store today - the owner said that Micro SD cards now outsell standard SD cards - mainly due to mobile use.

He said he can see all cameras switching to micro SD soon - surprised me but if thats the way the winds blowing....

Only because every smartphone on earth uses it, and most tablets do as well.  And that's an anomalous comparison, because nobody is frequently removing and replacing the memory cards from their phones and tablets, the way they do with their cameras.   So the ease of losing the tiny Micro SD card is basically a non-issue with Smart Phones, and a minor issue with tablets, but a MAJOR issue with cameras.  It's very short-sighted of the camera makers to mindlessly follow the smart-phone trend on this particular issue, because there is a real difference in how the memory cards get used in the respective platforms.  And MicroSD cards are just too small for any app where the card will frequently be put in and taken out of the device and carried separately outside of the device.  Just too easy to misplace.

dougjgreen1's gear list:dougjgreen1's gear list
Olympus Stylus XZ-10 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Nikon 1 V2 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MoreNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow