Switzerland

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
InTheMist
Senior MemberPosts: 2,665Gear list
Like?
Re: Switzerland
In reply to MartynD2oo, 8 months ago

Other than what you've already planned, I also recommend a trip to Grindelwald. You can take a trip up just by train.

You probably already have, but you really don't need to rent a car if you like fresh air.  Our train service SBB.ch has an Android and iPhone app that I use nearly every day.

It's actually nearly required to get some places by train.  Don't drive to Zermatt, it's traffic free anyway, and the only way to Grindelwald and Jungfraujoch is by train.

When do you go home?  If you find yourself in Solothurn, I can show you around and we have a motocross event on May 3-4 if you're into that sort of thing.  I'll be there.

Some of my favorite Swiss classics are here:

Zurich airport - way to observation deck.

Near cable car, looking down on Zermatt

Zermatt from the central bridge between the big church and the best bar Papperla Pub.   Everybody takes pictures here, but it's one of the best places.

Luzern, easy walk from Luzern train station.  Parking a bit farther away.

Jungfraujoch.  Expensive but easy access by train.  No access by car. Highest train station in Europe. You have to go through Grindelwald anyway to get here.

-- hide signature --

It's more important how an image looks as a thumbnail than how it looks at 100%.
http://inthemistphoto.com

InTheMist's gear list:InTheMist's gear list
Nikon 1 AW1 Nikon Df Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow