D7100 Banding Issue...

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
mosswings
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,084Gear list
Like?
Re: not so much mosswings...
In reply to JimPearce, 8 months ago

JimPearce wrote:

Or rather let's talk about quality images rather than image quality. The images that the D7100 enables are a far better measure of its worth than the vanishingly small number of images that become problematic in post processing. And yes, even routine post processing and shooting technique are a little bit harder with the D7100 than with the D90, D7000 or D610. The only quibble I have with Nikon is the positioning of the product: this is not a camera for the inexperienced or sloppy photographer. And even then, acquire the tools and learn to do local luminance NR and most of the problems disappear.

-- hide signature --

Jim

A fair point, Jim. This is a camera with great capability that requires careful technique to realize, as I've found out by experience. However, for the user interested in a snapshotter-friendly workflow or photo feats of strength, it's not the best fit.  Though I will have to say that those additional capabilities have benefitted me noticeably in my more snapshottish travel photography by enabling better composition though more complete AF coverage of the frame and a more responsive AF for shots of opportunity.

mosswings's gear list:mosswings's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Nikon D90 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
TrueNew
THATNew
TrueNew
trueNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow