Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Mako2011
Mako2011 MOD
Forum ProPosts: 15,646
Like?
most is not all...but no biggie
In reply to JimPearce, 6 months ago

JimPearce wrote:

Or rather let's talk about quality images rather than image quality. The images that the D7100 enables are a far better measure of its worth than the vanishingly small number of images that become problematic in post processing. And yes, even routine post processing and shooting technique are a little bit harder with the D7100 than with the D90, D7000 or D610. The only quibble I have with Nikon is the positioning of the product: this is not a camera for the inexperienced or sloppy photographer. And even then, acquire the tools and learn to do local luminance NR and most of the problems disappear.

Very true. In some few scenarios though, the Toshiba sensor just isn't the best tool for the job, and one might be better served picking out a different tool from their bag. Most problems may disappear but not all. With the slight banding it's much easier to get good quality with that tool. Avoid certain ISO's, learn optimal NR, ect...all work well. The color shift though can be a different matter. A little harder to tweak in a very small set of scenarios. Still, most will never run into it but can certainly be a player when one is striving for the most quality in their images. Now that 24mp in APS-C is the norm, would like to see strides in AF and and a continued push towards the clean results the Exmor line seems to offer. Good times ahead I think

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
TrueNew
THATNew
TrueNew
trueNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow