Nikon 1 V3 impressions (yes, have one atm)

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Jared Huntr
Senior MemberPosts: 1,531Gear list
Like?
Re: On image quality in general
In reply to Raist3d, 8 months ago

Raist3d wrote:

I can't upload another picture due to type pad.com under a denial of service attack.

But anyway, if you have seen low ISO V2, that's about it. AT the lower ISO there is still some grain/noise. This isn't a camera to pixel peep.

Color and tonality are kept to a good degree, resizing down for web or less MP looks real good. So big prints may have a certain aesthetic to it that I think will look rather pleasant (would have to do my own 13'' x 19'' print and don't think I will have the time for that if I return).

Any reason why you don't upload to your galleries here on dpreview? Then you don't have to host on your own site.

As for image quality, the disappointment with the V2's larger megapixel count was that if you up-sampled a 10Mp V1 image to the same size, there was no difference in the amount of actual details captured.So the V2 was basically an exercise in storing larger files on your hard drive with no benefit in improved IQ.

Do you get the impression that the details in the V3's 18Mp is equally substandard in that maybe it is actually capturing the details you would expect from a good 12Mp or so camera? e.g. a much larger file size with little incremental benefit in actual detail capture or dynamic range?

Jared Huntr's gear list:Jared Huntr's gear list
Ricoh GR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow