Nikon 1 V3 impressions (yes, have one atm)

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
samfan
Contributing MemberPosts: 934Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon 1 V3 impressions (yes, have one atm)
In reply to Jared Huntr, 5 months ago

Jared Huntr wrote:

Current design: The camera is writing to the buffer, the user turns off and puts camera in bag. The camera finishes writing before shutting down automatically

No, this is exactly what I had in mind. Because that's how cameras should work. Some cameras have mechanical switches you know? Of course if I flip the mechanical switch, I expect the camera to shut down when it's ready. Having an on/off button doesn't change anything.

But here's the thing. If I switch the camera off while it's still writing to the buffer and I'm ready to put it in the bag, but at that moment I see something I want to take a photo of, I turn the camera on and expect it to be ready right away (if there's at least a bit of space in the buffer), and not make me wait 10 seconds until it finishes flushing the buffer! This is a major flaw with any camera, but it's critical with a camera that's supposed to be speedy.

Even my lowly old D60 operates this way. What the hell is going on with cameras these days?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow