Re: shutter?
In reply to j0sh, 4 months ago

j0sh wrote:

D Cox wrote:

Zeisschen wrote:

Nordstjernen wrote:

j0sh wrote:

The filter is a 52mm Hoya 10 stops it is screwed on the lens
I need to try the 28-70 kit lens with nd filter but I'm away right now.

What surprises me is the sharp edge at the bottom, fading a bit towards the top of the frame. Seems like something is going on close to the sensor rather than in front of the lens.

I think the same. I mean if it happens in portrait but not landscape it has to be something mechanical. Maybe the shutter is still a bit there with the long eposure times? Maybe it's a mechanical shutter problem.

Assuming it is a light leak, then the point where the light is getting in may be in shadow in portrait mode.

I tried covering the lens with a scarf and the leak was gone...

-- hide signature --

It was gone because no light got through the lens to be blocked by the defective shutter. You don't have a light leak. Light leaks are WHITE, not black!

You have a defective mechanical shutter at the speeds you shoot with an ND filter. It probably moves because of gravity when you change camera orientation.

It throws a sharp black shadow.

Black = blocked sensor

Sharp = near sensor

Mel Snyder's gear list:Mel Snyder's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Leica Summicron-M 50mm f/2 +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow