D7100 Banding Issue...

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
trac63
Contributing MemberPosts: 569
Like?
Re: not so
In reply to Mako2011, 8 months ago

Mako2011 wrote:

No, the shot was taken -1.3EV to keep from blowing highlights on the right. +1.3 EC applied in post then 30% shadow recovery. A pretty common practice when exposing using the histogram and paying particular attention to blown highlights. Very common in normal day to day shooting, at least in my case.

Here is the untouched...not your normal 5 stop to show banding pull but more a normal (relative) correction one might do when trying to avoid blowing highlights moderately.

A quick look at the  look at the EXIF information:

History Parameters : converted from image/x-nikon-nef to image/dng, saved to new location, converted from image/dng to image/jpeg, saved to new location

This particular version of the image has been converted at least twice, and you can clearly see that he was working on a TIFF image from the RAWTherapee screen shot.

I would be curious to see the original OOC JPEG (and RAW file for that matter).

Personally, I think it's extremely optimistic to shoot directly into window light like this and expect a good photograph to come out of it.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
TrueNew
THATNew
TrueNew
trueNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow