Here is a Canon 6D Guide for Landscapes. :)

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Wayne Larmon
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,280
Like?
Running Magic Latern on 6D?
In reply to l_d_allan, 8 months ago

l_d_allan wrote:

Wayne Larmon wrote:
One drawback of the RGB Histogram is that the graphs are calculated based on the JPG image and not the actual RAW file itself.

Thanks for the 6d guide. After a brief scan, it looks promising for improving my photography.

I'm an advocate of MagicLantern, and wonder if you have experience with it. I didn't see any mention of it in the Guide, but perhaps I didn't look closely enough.

• Auto-ETTR that is very flexible and can be "tuned" for scene contrast
  • Histogram and blinkies based on RAW. Big improvement over UniWB and Picture Styles.

(snip)

I'm going to stop quoting with this snip. ML on a 6D would solve a lot of problems, including the histogram-based-on-JPEG problem, except for one larger problem. The 6D isn't supported in the official ML stable release.  Look at

http://www.magiclantern.fm/downloads.html

The 6D is not of the list.

But if you know how to safely install and run ML on a 6D, then could you write up a web page describing the process?   Or at least write a detailed post?

I like the concept of ML, but I am leery about installing it on my 6D because it isn't officially supported.

Wayne

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow