Started 6 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DrWu
Regular MemberPosts: 183
Like?
MONGOLIA in March 2014
6 months ago

I had a two weeks holiday and decided to spend it travelling from Beijing to Krasnoyarsk in Siberia. I was travelling alone and part of my route - from Ulan-Ude to Krasnoyarsk -  followed the famous Trans-Siberian railroad. Here are some photos from my Mongolian leg of journey. I´ve been in China quite a many times and visited Russia some 80-90 times, but this was my first visit to Mongolia. My native language is Finnish but I manage well with Russian and know some basic Chinese which is sometimes a big help. In Mongolia I found Russian very useful. The first Mongolian that I talked with was the jeep driver when I was crossing the Chinese-Mongolian border in a Mongolian jeep. He spoke fluent Russian and the only thing he had heard about my country was that the Finns drink a lot of vodka:)

But here are the photos. I had E-M5 + Zuikos F2.8 12-40mm, F1.8 17mm and F1.8 75mm and E-P2 as backup. I don´t seem to get the sharpness right when uploading to DPReview, so please forgive me if some shots look over- or undersharpened.

Weather in Mongolia was mostly bright and sunny. Usually I don´t bother to shoot landscapes in such conditions or even carry the camera with me. But this time I knew the light is going to be less than ideal most of the time and had no choice. I wish to go back to Mongolia sometimes in late spring or early summer when there´s a chance od clouds and rain.

I wish a happy Easter to all whom it possibly concerns and a very nice weekend to the rest of the mankind.  Pekka.

Train to Ulaanbaatar

My home and some new friends

Celebrating the festival of Spring and Love on the 8th of March

Holy mountain Zorgol Khairkhan

Legendary Russian 4x4 - UAZ-452A a.k.a. "buhanka" and "tabletka"

My "home": the winter camp of Galaa family

Suburbs of Ulaanbaatar

Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-P2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow