NEX 7 vs A6000

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Waardij
Junior MemberPosts: 48
Like?
Re: NEX 7 vs A6000
In reply to Michael Everett, 4 months ago

I too have loaded the RAW files of both the n7 and a6k in LR5.4. in sharpness there is little difference, although the a6k looks slightly more sharp. this could also be due to the different lenses used. it needs very little extra sharpening to make them the same. at iso1600 there still seems to be little difference. which agrees with the 1/3th of a stop improvement DxO found. not something which will be very visible. the thing I did notice is the much better color of the n7, both using the Adobe color profile. could be something that needs tweaking a bit.

Purely looking at the files I see little to differentiate between the two. for me a reason to stay with the n7. for me there simply is not enough difference. I suppose it depends on what you do with the camera. I like the tri navi and are completely used to the menu and way of setting things. could be that after a long time of using an a6k, I would prefer that menu structure, but as far as I am concerned, I am not going to buy a new camera just to try that. apart form whether this is a replacement for the n7 or not, I consider the 'improvement' too small to replace a camera I am very happy with.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow