ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
smileman
Junior MemberPosts: 30
Like?
X-t1, A7, EM-1, or something else?
3 months ago

Hello,

These all seem like great cameras but I'm wondering which is the best fit for my circumstances, or if there is something else I should consider?

I own an RX100 MK1, which I really like for its IQ:Portability ratio. But I have my first baby coming in early June and want a camera with a viewfinder and better IQ, faster AF, fast prime lens options, etc. I also have a dog, fast moving greyhound mix, I love to take pics of. Do lots of hikes/outdoor activities so good landscapes are also important.

Because budget is a concern I'm not worried about the lack of A7 lenses right now as I couldn't afford more than one anyway.

Because I have the RX100 I was thinking that going with a bigger sensor would make more sense, so I have been leaning towards either the X-t1 or A7 over the EM-1. However, I keep reading about various issues with the X-t1 (complaints about button layout, leak, poor quality back buttons, etc.) and A7 (slow AF, insanely expensive lenses), whereas I don't hear very many complaints about the EM-1.

Or should I forget these three and go DSLR instead because size in this case doesn't matter because I have the RX100, I can get better photos of my fast moving dog with a DSLR, and I'll get way more bang for my buck with a DSLR?

Thanks.

Fujifilm X-T1 Olympus E-M1 Sony Alpha 7 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow