Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
GeorgianBay1939
Senior MemberPosts: 2,028Gear list
Like?
"... open your eyes to the beauty around you." WARNING: Many photos
3 months ago

I was struck by this constructive response to a photographer who seemed to be weary of a long Massachusetts winter.

As some of you know I do 99% of my photography from my truck cab --- usually from the wrong side of the road with the 100-300mm lens pointed into a ditch or tree. It has been an education for me and my eyes.

These were taken over the last few days:

1 This is a later version of the "Little Winter Garden" than the ones shot earlier. Earlier versions had snow framing all of the "garden".

2 Ice in a roadside ditch.

3 Another little garden.

4 Bubbles downstream from a culvert.

5 Rock face in the Canadian Shield, next to the local general store, catching the noon light.

6 Study of bubbles and eddies caused by a shard of ice in a roadside ditch.

7 Little waterfall in ditch.

8 Six day old pussywillow in a light rain at freezing.

9 Colours are starting to appear in the mosses and lichens.

10 Red Maples are going to burst any day now, probably Easter Weekend, Apr 19/20, two weeks later than 2013.

11 Obligatory "Artsy" photo of wild spirea and its reflecting in flooded field.

That's plenty for a single post! We also had a clear cold morning with good hoar frost which gave some dazzling results. I'll post those, a birdie shot and other stuff later if anyone's interested.

The point that I wanted to reinforce, especially for neophytes is that there is lots of stuff out there "begging" to be photographed. It just seems important to slow down enough to recognize all that beauty. It took a while for this old dog to learn that trick!

Tom

GeorgianBay1939's gear list:GeorgianBay1939's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS +6 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow