Started 5 months ago | Photos thread
j_photo
Senior MemberPosts: 1,122Gear list
Like?
Re: The entire set screams
In reply to JLO13, 5 months ago

JLO13 wrote:

Timbukto wrote:

I am using a center point AF camera and don't feel comfortable yet recomposing. Either try using the outer AF points more, learn to focus-recompose, or buy a camera that you feel does not restrict your composition on AF technicalities. If you feel you are spending too much time trying to technically nail AF over getting a good shot, you either need to really up your technique to be second nature, or purchase another camera that allows you to focus more on composition. Only the last shot in the picture may have required center point AF and even that is a maybe. A good set would be pictures that are varied enough so that someone can't look at it and say...you only used a limited technique on a limited spec camera.

Interesting take. I am not sure if your comments relate more to my technique or you just don't like the camera. Can you tell me how you recompose when the camera is set to continuous auto focus?

Not Timbukto here, but I'll offer an answer: Option 1 is to move the focus point so that you can continue to maintain focus, but not necessarily with the focus point in the middle of the frame. Option 2 is to use back button focus. Acquire focus, release the button (so focus locks), recompose, then shoot. I use this second.

j_photo's gear list:j_photo's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon Df
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow