Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ThachLy
Regular MemberPosts: 214Gear list
Like?
XA-1 and 14mm - Some test shots at sunset
8 months ago

I wanted to know if Bayer Vs X-trans is that much of a difference for me, in real life shooting.

I picked-up a dirt cheap used XA-1,  put the 14mm on it and went to beach at sunset. Also some night scenary shots.

As far as I can tell, the XA-1 seems to have better detail, the XE-1 seems better at getting the rich spectrum of colours.

This is of course very early days, and its only for my night scenary style. By no means this is conclusive. I'd like to hear your opinion/experience.

All images has been re-sized to SMALL for upload.

Overall I llike the X-A1 over XE-1: tiltable LCD and facial detection. Haven't tried its Wifi. So far AF speed on the 35mm seems the same.

XA1.Got to the beach and had to scramble to get the shot, no time for composition !

XA1-The 14mm seems too heavy I couldn't hold the X-A1 horizontally

XA1-The 14mm is amazing! It's the determining factor here, not Bayer or X-trans.

XE1-with the same 14mm but shot some 5 months earlier. I don't expect real differences cf XA1.

May be I ll be convinced that I should've bought a XM-1 ..... I dunno. But to me the lenses are what makes it.

ThachLy

ThachLy's gear list:ThachLy's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Fujifilm X-E1 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +2 more
Fujifilm X-A1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow