Is the a7 as good as they say and what kind of lens cost am I looking at?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
steve vida
Regular MemberPosts: 355Gear list
Like?
Re: A contrarian viewpoint…...
In reply to Northoceanbeach, 8 months ago

Hi NOB,

From the sounds of your itinerey traveling light would be a big factor,the water proof factor another.I have no experience with the Nikon V system but for a compact system it seems they have a extensive lens range ,all with speedy AF. To change systems now would be a big step.I moved up to the A7 from a 5n but had a few legacy Nikon lenses & adapters so the A7 is made to appeal to my use of MF lenses.I have noticed that my photography has changed back to a slower & more planned approach,more often on a tripod with the A7.It is not a compact camera.

Your interest in surfing seems to  require  longer lenses unless you are in the water.I saw a few people in Hawaii at the Van`s Sunset beach contest shooting with 600 - 800mm huge grey telescopes,on tripods,but some had smaller hand held mirror lenses,what does Nikon offer you in this area?The tech side of digital photography changes so quickly these days, 6 months can bring many new breakthroughs.

steve vida's gear list:steve vida's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow