Recommendations for dual-camera/camcorder setups?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
CardigansFan
New MemberPosts: 19Gear list
Like?
Recommendations for dual-camera/camcorder setups?
5 months ago

I'm a little disappointed with the 3D effect from my Samsung NX 45mm lens (to be fair, the lenses aren't too far apart).

I'm looking into a dual-camera (or camcorder) rig as a result, and don't know where to start. I'm only looking at short videos, so I don't mind the 30-minute video limitation on regular cameras. I'd like for it to be something I can carry relatively easily, so I am looking for something lighter, and I'd like at least 1080p@30FPS (assuming said quality isn't trash and effectively 720p or something). I'm thinking of just getting two smartphones, but it's hard to find ones both with a camera mounted in the middle (for easier configuration) and have the ability to turn off OIS (the HTC One I believe has it built-in with no option, for example).

Thoughts? I'd like to keep it under $400 per camera if possible, and I don't know if I'm just better off getting the Panasonic Lumix 3D1 at that point.

CardigansFan's gear list:CardigansFan's gear list
Samsung NX300 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 20-50mm F3.5-5.6 ED Samsung NX 50-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Samsung NX 45mm F1.8 2D/3D +2 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-3D1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow