Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Michael Everett
Senior MemberPosts: 1,773
Like?
Re: NEX 7 vs A6000
In reply to 1prime, 7 months ago

1prime wrote:

Vinylly wrote:

Sony says the A6000 is the NEX 7 replacement. At a cheaper price they made the NEX-7 obsolete. I was at the Sony store the other day and there was no NEX-7's in sight.

I shouldn't repeat myself, but just because Sony says the a6k is the NEX7 replacement, many or most of us NEX7 users know differently. Don't get me wrong, the a6k is a fine camera and a great value. But again, a lot of NEX7 users don't want the EVF, fiber body, lack of Tri-Navi, etc. less than what we now have. We're waiting for Sony to make its next move in our direction whatever name they want to call the actual 7 replacement. But we are waiting for a fairly priced camera in relation to how Sony priced the a6k, but to include the costs of a full quality renovation.

Do any current NEX-7 users agree with me, or have you just bit the a6k bullet?

-- hide signature --

1prime

I'm a Nex 7 owner and I'm up on the air on this.  I like the 7 a lot, but I would like faster AF, and I would like better higher ISO, which the 6000 apparently has.  I also like the idea of being able to turn off continuous AF, especially since my go-to lens is a Touit 32.  Finally I'm torn between the Tri-Nav and the greater customization of the 6k.  I have ordered a 6k, and I'm debating whether to wait until it comes and make a hands-on comparison, with the possibility of sending it back, or to cancel my order.

BTW I downloaded some RAW files from Imaging-Resource, ran them through LR5.4, and the 6000 loses nothing in IQ.  If anything it comes out slightly ahead.

Michael

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow