kenwklau
Regular MemberPosts: 232Gear list
Like?
Re: Pentax K30...to be or not to be?
In reply to Charismagic, 5 months ago

Charismagic wrote:

alvin kc wrote:

Hi Charis,

I currently own a K30 and I think performance-wise its similar to D5200 and 650D (though I think K 30 is better). However, if there is a $350+ difference, then I think either the Nikon or Canon would be attractive. You could use the saving to get a good lens and a good lens makes quite a difference. Just a thought.

cheers

Yeah thats a thought that had me spend some sleepless nights. The D5200 was more or less the same price, but also had an AFS 55-200 lens along with the standard 18-55 kit lens.

I also read DXO marks rating of the D5200, and the stats, and the IMATEST scores on techradar, but when I looked at the pictures posted by users online, in Flickr and other sites for example, the K30 images seemed much better.

So logical or not, went ahead and made the plunge.

Cheers!

Hi Charis,

When I bought my K-30, I could get Pentax's 18-55 & 50-200 non-wr lens combo for $250 less than what I paid for my 18-135 wr kit. Why? I find it too troublesome to bring a 2 lens combo as a walk around lens outdoors. Secondly, 200 is not that much longer than 135.

A 18-55wr & 55-300wr lens combo will be more attractive though. But then it will definitely cost more as a starter kit.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Ken

kenwklau's gear list:kenwklau's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5 Canon PowerShot G15 Pentax K-30 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow