NEX 7 vs A6000

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
1prime
Contributing MemberPosts: 844Gear list
Like?
Re: NEX 7 vs A6000
In reply to pew pew, 4 months ago

pew pew wrote:

people tend to forget that the nex7 was 1200$ body while the a6000 is 650$, so overall the a6000 is a much better bang for the buck.

Not yet! Sure the a6k is cheaper, but certain of its elements just don't meet the NEX7 standards. Most of our NEX 7s have earned their equity by now, and I've noticed the 7s are holding their used value around $650 & probably will continue to do so. So it seems it's a toss up.  For me, it's difficult to go with the a6k even at its $650 body price. I realize it has an improved sensor and AF. It might be easier for a NEX 6er to switch to the a6k, but for us 7 guys, it's just not so clear. My dream would be for a 7 improved replacement at a fair price.  If Sony puts an a8000 or whatever's price anywhere in the A7's ballpark, it's a no go for me. And I don't care what they call it or if it has a hump.  But if they can make the a6k in rangefinder style, why not the a8000?

-- hide signature --

1prime

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow