NEX 7 vs A6000

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
DtEW
Senior MemberPosts: 1,878Gear list
Like?
Re: NEX 7 vs A6000
In reply to pew pew, 8 months ago

pew pew wrote:

people tend to forget that the nex7 was 1200$ body while the a6000 is 650$, so overall the a6000 is a much better bang for the buck.

I'm pretty sure this is a good part of the reason why we have seen such amusing dismissals of the A6000.

People didn't raise this kind of fuss when the 5N was superseded by the marginally-improved 5R, and then by the marginally-improved (I'm not even sure where the improvement here was) 5T. Because each succession was priced about the same as the predecessor, and hence people's egos weren't challenged, as they could simply write things off as "progress as usual" while muttering "not worth the insignificant upgrade".

And now we have the improved-in-many-ways and revolutionary-in-a-few-ways A6000... for much cheaper. It's a much ruder awakening to a new benchmark of value.

It is understandable if people don't want to upgrade, for whatever reason. I still really dig my beat-up 5N, and probably wouldn't trade it in for a NIB 5T even if it was a free upgrade. I'm just sentimentally attached. (Which is why I gave it to immediate family instead of selling it for whatever pittance.)

It is, however, revealing when you try to publicly justify your irrational attachment as something other than that.

DtEW's gear list:DtEW's gear list
Canon PowerShot G11 Canon EOS 6D Sony a6000 Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 IS USM +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow