V3 vs V1

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
dougjgreen1
Senior MemberPosts: 2,200Gear list
Like?
Re: V3 vs V1
In reply to Scottelly, 8 months ago

Scottelly wrote:

The Nikon V3 weighs 324 grams, and the 10-30mm lens it comes with weighs 85 grams, totaling 409 grams, including memory card and battery. The Fuji XE1 weighs 630 grams without its battery or memory card. That is a BIG difference. It also produces images that are 16 megapixels, compared to the V3 images which are 18 megapixels. It also does not have a flip-out touch screen for focusing (and optionally shooting) by touching where you want to focus. Continuous shooting sped is up to 3 frames per second.

It also has a sensor that's over 3 times the area of the V3, with about 2 stops more dynamic range.

Everyone wants what they want. I can't fault you for this, but understand what you are going to be getting, before you go making a switch. The two cameras really don't compare. The Fuji does not have the advantages of the small sensor that the Nikon has, because it is an APS-C sensor camera. It probably has a significant advantage when shooting in low light at ISO 800 and above, but if you find yourself using high ISO settings like that a lot of the time you are not a candidate for shooting with a 1" sensor anyway. I shoot at ISO 100 most of the time, so I AM a candidate for the Nikon 1 system.

dougjgreen1's gear list:dougjgreen1's gear list
Olympus Stylus XZ-10 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Nikon 1 V2 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MoreNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow