Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Scottelly
Senior MemberPosts: 1,832Gear list
Like?
Re: microSDHC UHS-I cards
In reply to myzel, 5 months ago

myzel wrote:

Scottelly wrote:

Yes . . . and I think that sucks, since even the fastest micro-SD cards can only receive data at 30 MB/second.

The SanDisk Extreme Pro microSDHC/microSDXD UHS-I card has write speeds up to 45MB/s according to SanDisk .

The SanDisk Extreme Plus microSDHC/microSDXD UHS-I card has write speeds up to 50MB/s.

Not up to the level of the high-end SDHC II cards, but faster than 30MB/s.

Now the real question is how fast can the V3 write to the microSD card? The camera might be the bottleneck here and not the memory card.

Can't remember a reading a good test of in camera write to card speeds. I really don't know if a camera can actually take advantage of high-speed cards.

I sure hope it can, but such information is difficult to come by. I'd like to see a test which shows the difference between the V2 and V3 write speeds (and buffer sizes). That sort of stuff is REALLY important with cameras that can shoot at such fast frame rates.

Scottelly's gear list:Scottelly's gear list
Sigma SD14 Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM Tamron SP AF 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MoreNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow