Need help in mastering my XE1

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
C Frank
Junior MemberPosts: 41
Like?
Re: The problem has been solved!
In reply to mistermejia, 7 months ago

I am looking at page 48, under Metering. Multi, Spot, Average. No they don't work in manual.

While I understand that you have made some progress on this issue, this is a false statement.  The light meter measures light, and changing between Multi, Spot, and Average changes how it uses the field of view to perform the calculation. The amount of light is reported by the light meter, the little vertical bar on the left side of the viewfinder/LCD. The light meter works in manual mode.

By setting the camera in Manual exposure mode, you have full control over the exposure, ie. by setting the f-stop, shutter speed and ISO.  As you change these values, you will see the light meter respond; I would go so far as to say that shooting in Manual mode would be highly impractical without a working light meter.

In exposure modes A, S and P you do not have full control over these values, but rather one or more is set automatically by the camera.  This is typically referred to as an auto-exposure mode.  Auto-exposure is turned off in Manual mode.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow