V3 vs V1

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Scottelly
Senior MemberPosts: 1,907Gear list
Like?
Re: V3 vs V1
In reply to dougjgreen1, 5 months ago

dougjgreen1 wrote:

Scottelly wrote:The big minus is no build in EVF. Another battery and mini SD cards

What do you mean by mini SD cards? Doesn't the V3 take SD cards? I haven't heard they have switched to mini SD. That is an obsolete format! Why the hell would they switch from SD to mini SD? They should have gone all the way to micro SD! WTF?!?!?!

They actually did go to Micro SD cards

Yes . . . and I think that sucks, since even the fastest micro-SD cards can only receive data at 30 MB/second. The SanDisk Extreme Plus 16 GB UHS-1 card spec. is 80 MB/s read and 30 MB/s write. It only costs about $30, rather than the exorbitant prices of the high-end CF cards, but I really don't think Nikon should have switched to micro-SD yet. It definitely is the future though. They are being forward-thinking in doing this. I guess we will see all the new Nikon 1 cameras getting micro-SD cards. They can be put in cell phones and lots of other devices for review, but that could be done with wi-fi anyway.

Scottelly's gear list:Scottelly's gear list
Sigma SD14 Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM Tamron SP AF 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MoreNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow