Stupid things you do with your camera.

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Paul B Jones
Contributing MemberPosts: 980Gear list
Like?
Let me count the ways ...
In reply to Lumixdude, 5 months ago

The internet is not big enough to fit descriptions of all my screw ups with settings but the most frequent problem that encounters me is forgetting to reset exposure compensation. For example, I will be excitedly shooting something against a bright sky with at least +1 EC dialed in when something interesting shows up against the dark forest floor. Heart pounding, I turn the lens against the new subject and typically forget to readjust the exposure compensation - resulting in widely over-exposed images.

Sometimes I don't even have the bright sky excuse. When a rarely seen Geoffroy's Cat emerged from the Bolivian cloud forest and posed against a bright background in my panic to secure a shot I simply cranked the EC dial the wrong way, subtracting light when I should have been adding it. The cat was almost black in the resulting image, something i was able to salvage somewhat in Lightroom (see below). All part of the fun I guess.

-- hide signature --
 Paul B Jones's gear list:Paul B Jones's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS-1D X Canon EF 400mm f/4.0 DO IS USM Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS USM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow