Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
downwind4final
New MemberPosts: 24Gear list
Like?
Fuji convert thoughts
8 months ago

Intrigued by what I could do with the stash of Leica and Rokkor lenses my dad handed down (early 80's to late 90's era) , I bought a Sony NEX-5n a while back. I used this camera solely in manual focus with the legacy glass for the past couple years with awesome results and was looking for a mid-zoom for convenience and versatility. When researching the Zeiss NEX zoom I kept finding references to the "amazing" Fuji 18-55 2.8. I ended up buying a new X-E1 with the 18-55 on clearance for almost the same price as the lens runs alone.

Well, I am a solid convert. What an amazing camera! And, the "kit" lens is giving some of the finest Leica, especially on the wider side, a run. I feel the Sony often more accurately captures color, but the Fuji images seem to have more depth and detail. I can't really put my finger on the sense of depth in the images, but it's there. I appreciate the controls of the Fuji much more than the fiddly Sony menu. Having manually focused for the past years, the issue some have mentioned about sluggish auto focus is meaningless to me. Seems pretty fast to me. The Fuji is a much more enjoyable camera to use and the prints are noticeably better. Love it!

downwind4final's gear list:downwind4final's gear list
Sigma DP1s Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Sony Alpha NEX-5N +1 more
Fujifilm X-E1 Sony Alpha NEX-5N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow