Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Sonyshine
Senior MemberPosts: 5,690Gear list
Like?
Re: V3 vs V1
In reply to Scottelly, 8 months ago

Scottelly wrote:

Sangster wrote:

Just saw Henrys advertise Fuji XE1 with 18-55 f 2.8-4 for $800. This would be a really tempting upgrade for me if I was in the market as opposed to V3.

This assumes you don't have Nikon lenses that you want to use on your new camera. Nikon is depending on people who think of Nikon as the best camera and lens company and photographers who are already have an investment in Nikon lenses that they like, such as the 16-85mm VR, 85mm f1.4, 18-200mm f3.5-5.6 VR II, or 70-200mm f2.8 VR, etc. Any of those lenses would make a great companion (using the FT-1 adapter) to the V3 and its included 10-30mm lens. For example, a photographer who shoots with a D7000 and an 18-200mm f3.5-5.6 VR II would be able to use their new camera for wide-angle shooting with their 10-30mm lens, and they would get super fast performance at a slightly higher pixel count. Then the photographer might go to a baseball game and find they want to zoom in on their kid, but the D7000 doesn't quite give them the close shots they want. The could pull out their FT-1 adapter and move their 18-200 lens from their big camera to their fast little camera with the 2.7 crop factor and shoot away, getting the shots they want. The new camera would not only be a good back-up camera, but it would also give an advantage for shooting at longer distances. Imagine how that lens would perform for shooting sparrows?

I reckon the 70-200 F4 would be a better lens on the V series - its lighter than the f2.8 and would be just as sharp, except in the lowest light.

Sonyshine's gear list:Sonyshine's gear list
Nikon AF-S DX Micro Nikkor 40mm F2.8 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-QX10 Nikon 1 V2 Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MoreNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow