Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jay_B
Regular MemberPosts: 229Gear list
Like?
G1X + M Owners Question
4 months ago

Hi Folks, relatively new to the forum here + new M Owner (M + 22 + 18-55). I didn't think I would enjoy this cam this much when I bought it, but now I don't find myself picking up my G1X (original) much anymore. It is spring here and I am going out the door with the M because I think it produces better images. Did this happen to any of you?

My questions are:

• Do you still prefer your G1X or use the M most?
  • Do you use the G1X only in certain situations?
  • Have you sold or thought of selling your G1X? If you sold it, do you wish you hadn't or miss it quite a bit?

I am thinking about selling the G1X, considering it's age in Canon's lineup, replacement by a new model, etc. I still consider it an excellent camera, but might like to buy another lens or two for the M. It seems somewhat redundant to own both, but maybe you are using the cams in different ways. Your thoughts/experiences/advice would be greatly appreciated!

-- hide signature --

Jay B.
"No...really...my camera made me do it..."

Jay_B's gear list:Jay_B's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX230 HS Canon EOS M Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow